Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Waterfall Nail Art

I have seen the waterfall manicure (as coined by Sammy from The Nailsaurus) around for a few months now and always wanted to try it. It seemed simple and chic at the same time. Of course I procrastinated for-e-ver because I was scared I would mess it up. But when Sammy came out with this tutorial, and made it seem so easy, I knew I had to try it!


And since it was a long weekend with no internet again (hence my abscence), and I was already wearing blue AND had the appropriate brushes as well, I thought that I would just give it a go. I picked a few blues, a silver holo and a white, took a deep breath and just went for it!


I think they came out OK. My lines are definitely not as even and uniform as Sammy's but at least they looked decent from a distance :P I also managed to get a few outdoors/sun shots since this was done on a weekend too! Usually I would be in the office before the sun is fully up and leave only as the sun is setting.

I did take a few photos indoors and surprisingly the holo is more obvious there!


The little bits of rainbow really does give this mani a little more depth me thinks!