Thursday, 5 September 2013

The Lilac Box - Box 4

I am back from the island! It was a good getaway indeed. We had lots of sun and no rain the despite the weather forecast saying it would be raining the whole time :D So after all the sun I am all tanned and burnt a little too! SPF 50 ain't enough when you go out snorkeling!!

Today I have my Lilac Box 4 for you!

Among all the different beauty boxes in town, The Lilac Box is definitely one of my favorite! It always has gorgeous packaging albeit being super minimalistic! This month, the box came slightly different.


It came in a cool black box tied with a silver ribbon instead of the regular brown and lilac. And on the inside..

Tadaa!!

Literally filled to the brim with goodies!

First up we have haircare!


L'Oréal Professionnel | Liss Ultime Shampoo
A smoothing shampoo for unmanageale hair. It uses the oil Incell technology to help provide control and nourishment to tame unmanageable hair. Oil Incell is a combination of Incell and nourishing oils (olive + argan) to soften, nourish and enhance the texture of the hair fibre.

L'Oréal Professionnel | Liss Ultime Masque
A smoothing masque for unmanageable hair. It nourishes, smooths and helps to protect against humidity. This hair mask also uses the Polymer AR technology which envelops the hair to help protect against humidity and locks in moisture.


L'oreal Professional | Infinum Hairspray
L'oreal Professional Mademoisells Infinum Hairspray by Charlie Le Mindu Extra strong hold professional hairspray. Patented formula for finishing a hairstyle. Extra strong, instant fixing of a section or long-lasting overall hold. Optimal shine. Anti humidity action. No residue.

If you have been with me long enough, you would know that I have recieved all three of this items in my Vanity Trove and Wonderbox not too long ago. I still have not used the hair spray but I did use the shampoo again after I last posted about it. The shampoo DOES foam up well. The last time I used it I guess I may not have used enough. Heh.



Jimmy Choo | Flash
FLASH is a white floral with a character that is effervescent, carnal and provocative. The perfumer, Christine Nagel says, "I created FLASH for the self-confident, urban Jimmy Choo woman: sexy, rebellious and sophisticated. I imagined the sound of her heels, clicking on the streets of New York, London and Paris."

Pink pepper, tangerine, and strawberry open the fragrance with a fresh, sparkling introduction. Heart notes of strong, exotic white flowers reveal a sexy character. A base of white powdery woods leaves a lasting impression, both seductive and modern.

Jimmy Choo | Jimmy Choo

An expression of the modern woman’s aura, this scent at once conveys strength and beauty, glamour and confidence. Luminous green top notes join a heart of rich and exotic tiger orchid and lingering base notes of sweet toffee and Indonesian patchouli to leave a sensual memory on the skin. For the bottle, the opulence of jewel-colored Venetian Murano glass inspired its faceted design.

I have used both these perfumes but I do not remember which is which :S

One is a big seductive more matured smell and the other is light and fun, but still with a sense of sexiness. (I will figure it out and update you here when I do) I actually kinda like both of them but found one to be a tad more matured for everyday wear. Oh wells, off to mom's room it goes :)


Sothys Hydradvance | Hydrating Serum
The Hydradvance Hydrating Serum restructures your skin's protective function to further enhance the hydration level. It also gives a hydra-moisturizing effect with the ability to sustain natural hydration for a long-lasting effect. You will be amazed to find that your skin regains intense suppleness whilst youthfulness is visibly restored.

Sothys Hydradvance | Hydra-Nourishing Mask
The Hydradvance Hydra-Nourishing Mask provides essential nourishing and moisturizing effect giving an immediate comfort and hydration on your skin. It immerses the skin in absolute comfort. This gel-cream fresh fragrant mask envelopes your skin to restore hydration leaving it supple, soft and radiant.


OPI | Nail Lacquer in Skull & Glossbones
I think this product needs no introduction here! I was so happy to see a nail polish in the box. The colors were given at random and my color was Skull & Glossbones from the Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides SS 2011 collection. I have been eyeing this collection for a long time now and still only have 2 (now 3) out of the 6 creme polishes. Maybe I can get the remaining 3 in other beauty boxes to come? *hint hint*

Skull & Glossbones is a light grey and I have yet to try it on. I just received some new nail mail from Cult Nails and Harlow and Co and am so torn to wear which polish first! But I am sure to use this baby soon. I should probably try this in a grey gradient. Hmm...


Crabtree and Evelyn | Tarocco Orange Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy
The intensive conditioning cream leaves hands feeling softer with each use. The Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus & Sage Hand Therapy blends conditioning shea butter, moisturising macadamia nut oil and myrrh extract to help condition cuticles and nails. Vitamin C-rich Tarocco blood orange extract and skin-freshening eucalyptus and sage extracts moisturise and soothe hands.

MOAR CRABTREE AND EVELYN PRODUCTS!! Can you tell I am super excited for this product?

I love Crabtree and Evelyn products. They always smell gorgeous and really refreshing. And of course they work really well too! The Tarocco Orange range is one of their new-ish lines and this is my first full (kinda) sized item of it. The scent is really refreshing when you first apply it. Very very orangey actually. And as the day goes by the orange smells fades away and leaves behind a nice mellow herb-y smell.

----------

Do I love the fourth box from The Lilac Box? Of course I do! Will I get the concept box coming out this weekend? I hope I can get my hand on them! But with the last record of 135 minutes for the last box I don't think I will get it :(  But anyways, wish me luck k? *fingers crossed*