Tuesday, 13 August 2013

A England Lady of the Lake Striped!

And I am back!!

Last week was a short work with and a loooong weekend for us here in Malaysia. I had good rest and went a total internet diet. Not by chance though. It just so happens that the power cable for the modem decided to malfunction the night before the long weekend started :(


My last post was of the gorgeous Lady of the Lake by A England. I was so in love with it that I did not want to remove them after my usual 2 days of wear. The fact that it wasn't chipping definitely helped too!


I just received a small order from Born Pretty Store and in it a 15pc Nail Art Brush Set which I totally forgotten about. So, after a good 10 minutes of thinking I decided to do a striped manicure with a fan brush. It would add just a touch of coverup and let the polish below shine through!


The end result was way better than what I expected. And it was really easy too! All you need to do is to figure out the pressure you would apply to determine the thickness of the stripes.

My favorite finger from this mani is actually my right thumb. The stripes, or rather lack of stripes, made it stand out from the rest of my fingers.


Polishes used:
Base: A England Lady of the Lake
Stripes: Essie No Place Like Chrome
Tools: Born Pretty Store Fan Brush from the 15pc Nail Art Design Brush Set Dotting Dot Pen Drawing