Sunday, 21 July 2013

Hoop-La - Vintage Custom Earrings

After my vacation to Europe I realised something - my style is just too bland. I am a tank top and shorts kinda girl as compared to most of the people around me who dresses up to the nines! There are times when my friends make fun of me about my clothing. Everytime they see a nice top in black they would go - This is so you! - regardless whether it is a casual piece or a formal dress. It really is that bad. Actually, come to think about it, most times the only bit of color I usually have on me are my nails. YAY for nail polish! LOL. I gave it a bit of thought and I have decided to take a little step towards dressing up better and the first step was to do it through acessories. Right?

I was lucky enough to come by this lovely website while blog-hopping one day.


As much as I do not wear much accessories on a regular day basis I actually love them very much. Especially unique pieces where people remember you by. When I came across hoop-La, I was amazed at their products; all the items there are all made from vintage-like filigree but yet had a good range of colors to match any outfit!

I of course picked out a few of my favorites to share with you!

First up is Doris in bronze. This is a simple round earring in a very neutral and not in your face color. I thought that it looked very classy and would be a good place to start for me. Black and bronze do go together well.


Next up is something more eyecatching if you like to have the limelight!

Rosa is more delicate than Doris and somewhat reminds me of a leaf. I was drawn to this pair of yellow earrings from the moment I popped by their earrings section. It just stood out from the rest with it's unique shade and shape. In fact, I thought this would be a great way to add some color to your fall wadrobe. Yellow Leaf. Get it?

And last but not least, my favorite of the bunch (for now).

Piper in Robin Blue. I think I have an obsession with blue at the moment. As I am typing these I am wearing a blue shirt and blue nail polish. I kid you not.
 Anyways, back to the earrings, I fell in love with the intricate design of Piper when I clicked through the products on the wesite. And when I saw it in this color I knew I had to get it (it is already sitting in my cart waiting for check out!

Owh ya, I just remembered why I do not wear much accessories. My skin is actually very sensitive when it comes to wearing accessories. Many a time when I put anything on my ears would be red swollen and my skin covered in rashes from whatever I was wearing. But as I was reading through the descriptions I saw this 'Our EARRING HOOKS ARE NICKEL FREE and LEAD FREE...' This is a sign I tell you! I am off to checkout my cart! I'll let you know what I got from them when they come in :)

Till then. Have a great Sunday!