Wednesday, 24 April 2013

The Lilac Box - Box 2

*Products were purchased by me. I am not in anyway related to the company or  products mentioned in this post*


The guys at the Lilac Box finally gave us their second box and I say - YAY to guys running a beauty box subscription!

Tadaa!!


There are 2 Calvin Klein perfume samples, Redken Intraforce Shampoo and Conditioner, Lunasol Skin Modeling Powder Foundation and Smoothing Makeup Base and finally 2 products from Nuxe the Huile Prodigueuse Dry Oil and Rêve de Miel Facial Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel.

Look at this little note they stuck on the underside of the cover. It is quite true too! Their boxes are the only ones with no branding whatsoever. And the pop of lilac on the inside - love it!


Something smells really awesome in this box! Lets get on to investigate which of this products is responsible for that!

First up we have the perfume samples from Calvin Klein. 



Calvin Klein | Beauty  (RM361/100ml)

Calvin Klein Beauty evokes the ultimate power of femininity and sophistication, while capturing the spirit of a woman who is beautiful from the inside out, with an aura that radiates. A new interpretation of a lily – a neo-lily – is the heart and soul of Calvin Klein Beauty. A sophisticated flower that is the essence of femininity, the lily is also radiant and powerful.

Calvin Klein | Sheer Beauty (RM325/100ml)
Calvin Klein Sheer BEAUTY is sparkling and carefree with a pure, sexy confidence. The fragrance evokes the sensuality and delicacy of bare skin with its luminous floralcy and skin-like warmth.

Beauty is the more sophisticated and sensual scent of the two samples given while Sheer Beauty tends to me more fruity and light. Being a fruity perfume lover I obviously steered towards Sheer Beauty more than Beauty. Mom would love Beauty though.
Nope, as much as this perfumes smell good the scent from the box isn't from them.



Lunasol | Skin Modeling Powder Foundation (10.5g/RM148)

This is a new powder foundation that has finally achieved the quality that previously only liquid and cream foundation could perform. A perfect adherence to the skin that can hardly be believed in a powder foundation It achieves a finish that seems like it has become your skin, leaving it translucent and lustrous without becoming cakey at all.

Lunasol | Smoothing Makeup Base (30g/RM118)

This cream-type makeup base has been created exclusively for SKIN MODELING POWDER FOUNDATION. It fills visible pores and uneven surfaces with a creamy texture and creates and even film over the skin to leave it silky smooth. The make up base absorbs perspiration and sebum and the same non-greasy texture as when as when first applied lasts for many hours.

Yup! another item that I have received in a previous beauty box that I have yet to try out. I think that the next few boxes I am going to post about are the last few that I have. All my subscriptions end here. So after this I will slowly go through all the samples I have received. Starting with this because it sounds so awesome!



Nuxe | Huile Prodigeuse Multi Usage Dry Oil (RM148/100ml)

A cult favourite of many women and celebrities, this multi-usage oil is nourishing yet easily absorbed for face, body and hair. Made with 30% concentration of Precious Plant Oils and Vitamin E. This formula contains ingredients of 98.1% natural origin. Silicone and paraben free.

Nuxe | Rêve de Miel Cleansing Gel (RM68/200ml)

This soap-free gel enriched with Honey and Sunflowers, gently removes make-up while cleansing and soothing the face in a single step. A treat for the senses that leaves the skin feeling impeccably clean. Suitable for all skin types especially sensitive skin.

I HAVE FOUND IT! This little duo (or rather the dry oil) is the source of the scent in the box. I can;t describe it but it smells heavenly!

I have not tried the cleansing gel just yet but I did try the dry oil and I loved it. It is multipurpose and can be used on your face, hair and body. Did I mention that it absorbs quite quickly too? Girls, if you are reading this and are interested, hurry on to your nearest SaSa. It seems that it is on sale at the moment, only RM208 instead of RM350 (no coupons required). How do I know? Well, I liked it so much I went and got it!

Last but not least, and actually the bulk weight of this box:



Redken | Intra Force Shampoo (RM60/290ml)
Detoxifying shampoo that gently cleanses, helps reduce excess sebum and DHT, promotes hair density and a healthy scalp environment, and safeguards haircolor with UV filters.
Redken | Intra Force Toner (RM65/245ml)

Lightweight toner that detangles, moistusrizes and strengthens, helps safeguard color haircolor with UV filters, and replenishes hair and scalp to prevent premature breakage and improve manageability.


In a consumer study, the following were observed:
75% of users noticed increased fullness.
70% of users noticed a thickening effect.
70% of users noticed enhanced density.


Interesting. Its for thinning hair. Colored and thinning hair. I wonder, would it work wonders for 
my dye free hair? Or should I just pass it along to someone else? This samples are HUGE but I don't know if they would work for me. But then again if it works for colored hair it should be good for normal hair right? I am so torn. Over 2 bottles of hair care products. LOL

----------

Well, I really do like Box 2 from The Lilac Box. The items in the box is definitely more than the RM49.90 I paid for it. And the guys sure have kept their promise in keeping the samples high end brands only. Di you know that the guys personally flew to Paris to scout for products?? I am impressed!

Well, I am definitely going to subscribe to their next box rumoured to be coming out in May. Hopefully I am quick enough! Rememeber to stalk their Facebook page and Website so that you don't miss out on it!