Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Half and Half

*Products were purchased by me. I am not in anyway related to the company or  products mentioned in this post*


My photos for this post ain't all that. I did not realise that they turned out quite meh. When I was taking them I actually though tthey looked wuite good on the camera screen. Who knew that beige, brown and gold together would be so hard to photograph. :(


Anywyas, this is a dressed up version of yesterdays manicure. I topped off My Vampire is Buff with Cult Nails Tulum and painted wispy lines down the seam with Skin Food Gold Sparkle.


I really liked this combination, I actually wore this manicure for a good 3 days before I removed it. It's also kinda funny how the gold shimmer in Tulum has gone into hiding next to the gold polish. The gold shimmer was the reason why I picked Tulum for this nail art in the first place.


I would say maybe I picked the wrong polish to paint down the middle. Don't get me wrong, Gold Sparkle is a gorgeous color! But's its formula, being somehat a cross between glass flakes and glitter, made it difficult to hide the part where the two colors meet. As you can see in the photo below, it actually looks like there is gold only over MViB and not Tulum.


I definitely would re-do this manicure. With a different choice of polish of course! Maybe some metallics or shimmers on the sides and a nice creme down the middle.

What do you think?