Monday, 4 February 2013

Wonderbox January 2013

I've gotten my very first Wonderbox last week! This is definitely the most fun week for me. Haha!

The packaging for Wonderbox is this gorgeous patterened black and white box with a red ribbon and bow elegantly tied around it!


I quickly but carefully took off the ribbon and opened the box to see these beauties looking back at me! This box was meant to be the February a.k.a. Valentines box so it was really nice to see petals and even a box of  scented roses in it!


Let us move on to the products shall we :)


Murad | Skin Perfecting Primer Dewy Finish (30ml/RM150)
Skin Perfecting Primer Dewy Finish is an oil free primer in a universal shade that balances oil production, disguises flaws, evens skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores.

I generally do not use primers as I only apply BB cream instead of foundation on a daily basis. But when I read the description of this product I was really curious and tried it on immeidately! To my amazement this product really does what it says! My pores were immediately less visible and my skin looked really smooth. It is slightly tinted, just like a tinted moisturizer. So I guess for all those lightweights out there you could just use this in place of foundations and BB creams!

The next product is not in any of my photos as while I was opening the box I put it in my 'mask-stash' drawer without even realising it! I was wondering why my photo looked a little empty :S 

Murad | Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask (6x7.5ml/RM66)
Murad's Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask instantly smoothes and hydrates skin, restoring brightness and balances combination skin.

Sounds really interesting don't you think? I will try this on soon. Or maybe keep it for my trip to the islands later this year. Ha! That would be the ultimate test!

There was also a RM30 voucher for Murad products in the box. Considering how well the primer worked I may take a look see at the website soon.



Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation & Powder (8g/RM48)
Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation and Powder gives a naturally luminous look for a soft and even toned complexion. It is free from talc, synthetic ingredients, fragrance and preservatives.

Since I was already wearing the Murad Primer, I thought why not and I tried this powder foundation over it. I love the end results! My skin looked really smooth and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. It feels almost like a second skin.

Ronasutra | Anti-bacterial NBR Sponge (2pcs/RM5)
This anti-bacterial NBR sponge is suitable for sensitive skin. It has excellent pick-up and pay-load properties to ensure smooth application of Ronasutra Mineral Powder.

I did not use the sponge when I tried on the mineral powder as I was going for a soft natural look. I will definitely give this a go when I need a fuller coverage for a night out or a fancy dinner party.


Elianto | Nutri Rouge Lipstick in N02 (3g/RM25)
A creamy lipstick, armed with SPF18 and leaves your lips with a soft shiny and moisturising finish.

The color I got is N02, a soft almost Barbie-like pink. I am not one to wear lipsticks so I will be passing this to my mom. I am sure she will love the color!


Colored Hair Chalks
Hair chalk gives your hair temporary dye without any chemical harm. It is non-toxic and can be easily washed off using regular hair shampoo. Easily dye your hair at home and receive professional results!

Last but not least - Hair Chalks. This is one hair trend that I feel I can try out. But not anytime soon as I am trying out a new SLS-free shampoo. Sud free shampoo. Hair Chalk. Nightmare.

----------

I am loving this month's Wonderbox. The Murad primer and Ronasutra Powder are my favorite products of the whole box! I like that the people behind Wonderbox included petals and roses in the box to match the Valentines theme too!

I subscribed to this box for 3 months and I am really excited to see what the other two boxes will be like. Hopefully by then I can make up my mind on which subscription to keep. At this rate, I think I may end up resubscribing for all of them!

This is a personal review, I am in no way associated with Cosmobox or any of the brands featured here.