Monday, 25 February 2013

Vanity Trove February Box

And finally! My Vanity Trove beauty box. I have heard many good reviews of their previous boxes so I was really excited to get it! I took really long to type out this post because I was busy celebrating the Lunar New Year and work. Mostly the latter actually.

Here we have today is the February Edition debut box for Vanity Trove Malaysia . Before this box Vanity Trove was shipping directly from Singapore and the coupons given were for use in Singapore only. Now with Vanity Trove Malaysia we don't have any problems with that!



The construction of the Vanity Trove box is slightly different form other boxes. Instead of a regular top opened box this box slides out like a drawer! I have half a mind to stick a few of these together to create my own little drawer tower :D

Here are the contents of my box:

Clockwise from left: b.liv Off With Those Heads Blackheads Sebum Gel, small box filled with chocolates, benefit POREfessional, SP Repair shampoo and mask, Di Palomo Tuscan Rose Hand & Body Lotion, Oriks Wild Ginseng Stemcell Twister Essence and BB Cream

With the box was the product description card and a handwritten note too! The chocolates were Merci Chocolates and were gone by the time I finished snapping photos. :P


On to the products!


b.liv | Off With Those Heads Blackheads Sebum Gel (45ml/RM179.90)
Remove white heads and blckheads gently and effectively with Off With Those Heads Blackheads Sebum Gel! This wonder Gel also keeps oil secretions under control and banishes all kinds of skin irritations.

I have not had the chance to use this product yet as I am still testing out my facial care package from Human Nature but this does sound interesting. All I need to do is to apply it for 14days and I will be black/white head free!

Tuscan Rose | Hand and Nail Cream (75ml/RM59)
An enriching and luxurious Hand and Nail Cream blended with Olive & Grapeseed Oils to leave your hands soft, smooth and nourished.

Yay for hand cream! I took a quick whiff of it and at first I was taken aback. The scent was really strong! But as I wore it I started to fall in love with it. This is not your regular rose scent. It is much more sensual and matured. This hand cream is also very moisturising and has awesome staying power. I could still pick up a faint scent after a handwash or two!

System Professional | Repair Shampoo (250ml/RM65) and Repair Mask (200ml/RM100)
The Repair Shampoo detangles and evens out hair structure After cleansing, try the Repair Mask, which improves texture by up to 200% after a single applicaiton.

More System Professional Hair Care products! I first got the SP Smoothen Shampoo and Mask form my Cosmobox and I loved the maskback then. I am sure it will be the same this time round too!


ORIKS | Wild Ginseng Stemcell Twister Essence (35ml/RM218)
Soft anf velvety, the Wild Ginseng Stemcell Twister Essence reduces visible pores while hydrating and nourishing your skin.

ORIKS | BB Cream (35ml/RM108)
The BB Cream is formulated with plant stem cells to repair and keep your skin healthy while covering imperfections. It's unique 3 tier cream design includes the milk lotion with wild ginseng, the concealer and the serum with repair complex CLR.

Ginseng has always been a favorite in the Chinese culture for good health and all so I do believe that when used in beauty products it will definitely help. BB Cream samples? Why thank you! How did you know I am trying out different kinds of BB Creams! I will definitely review this one day!


benefit | POREfessional (22ml/RM115)
Minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines with this smooth operator. Silky and lightweight, wear POREfessional balm on its own or under or on top of makeup, Its translucent, oil-free formula complements different skin tones and helps makeup stay put. It contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect the skin from free radicals.

This is my favorite product in the box! I tried it on and immediately could see results! My skin was smooth and my pores were visibly smaller. This little sample is 10ml, which when you do the math is almost half of the full size! I will definitely purchase this once this (and all my other samples) run out!  Must.Stick.To.Low.Buy!

----------

All in all I am loving this beauty box by Vanity Trove! There is quite a few products from well known brands and all decent sized samples too! They also have a variety among their boxes as I can see the prices for other products from the same brands on the product description card.

RM60  may seem a little on the expensive side compared to other subscription boxes. Compared to the other boxes, all the products in the box are deluxe sized samples, no full sized items here. BUT if you actually bother to do the math, you definitely got your moneys worth in this box.

If you are interested to purchase this box head on to the Vanity Trove website to sign up. Remember to pick the correct country when you are checking out to avoid missing out on them! Of course, don't forget to follow Vanity Trove Malaysia on Facebook for sneak peeks!



This is a personal review, I am in no way associated with the company or any of the brands featured here.