Tuesday, 19 February 2013

My first attempt at Free handed Chevrons

I tried some free handed chevrons and I think they came out quite good!

I wanted to do something simple that wouldn't take away from my base color a.k.a Shockingly White from yesterday. I decided to match my tips to the glitters in the polish; and why not put a white in it for contrast!

10 minutes of careful painting and waiting..... Voila!


I used OPI Alpine Snow and Lucky Lucky Lavender to create the chevrons. I used the brush in the bottles to do this too. No striping tape or stripng brush needed!


I picked Lucky Lucky Lavender because it brings out the pink and purple glitters in this polish as well as match the funkiness in the base color. And Alpine Snow being a pure white gives a good contrast between the two colors.


And a bottle shot to end this post because I haven't done one of these in a long time!