Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Day 9 - Recreate Your Favorite

Can you guess what my favorite challenge was? I am gonna re-do the challenge from Day 1. Yep! Galaxy nails! 

I kinda fell in love with the color combination I used on my thumb and was determined to redo a full manicure using those colors!

Please ignore my super dry cuticles. All the polish and acetone has taken it's toll on them.

I was wondering why I decided to use this colors the first time but just couldn't recall where I saw this color combination. Then after I just decided to google 'galaxy' and see what they look like in real life. I was blown away with all the photos! Outer space looks so calm and serene.


I believe I took inspiration form this photo the most with the reds and yellows in there with the blue and greens.


My right hand turned out pretty good too! I switched out the bigger stars (crosses) for dots on my left hand because I didn't want to risk ruining everything.


The red is more blended on this hand than on my left hand too! My left hand is getting better at this nail art thingy.

And here are some close up of my thumbs. They are usually always hidden but I thought that they deserved the spotlight this time!
 

And that's the end of the 9 day challenge! *phew* It was really fun and I really enjoyed creating and trying all these new looks and techniques!

What is your favorite look from all the 9 days? Do let me know in the comments!

Polishes used to create this look:
OPI Black Onyx
OPI Alpine Snow
Cult Nails Evil Queen
Cult Nails Feel Me Up
Cult Nails Manipulative
Colors by T.B.N Sea Foam