Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Day 7 - Inspired by a Tutorial

I'm sporting nubbins in this post. Well, my nails decided it is too long and broke on me while I was painting my nails for this 9 Day Nail Art Challenge. Nubbins or not I must forge on. LOL!

I decided to do my nails based on this tutorial from Sarah from Chalkboard Nails. Sarah always has gorgeous swatches on her blog and her nail art is just drool-worthy!

Back to todays nails.


I always love leopard prints on my fingers but so far I have only used a stamp to do so. I always avoid free handing it because I am afraid that it would not come out perfect. Yea, I'm weird like that.


I pinned this tutorial since the day it came out but I never tried it till now. And now I think to myself - Oh My Gawd, why was I so scared before! LOL!


I used Mrs Claus I got from my grab bag from 365 Days of Color as my base color. Mrs Claus is a raspberry jelly with gold shimmer in it. I kinda like the color but it  turned out to be a little sheer for my liking.  I am wearing 3 coats of Mrs Claus on my nails. If you look carefully you can still see my nail line underneath the spots.



The spots are done with Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle in Gold and wrapped with OPI Black Onyx.