Sunday, 17 February 2013

Day 6 - Gradient Nails

I done a few different types of gradient nails before. Let me see, I have done - glitter on creme gradients, glitter-glitter gradients and creme-creme gradients. Today I have something different from the gradients I have tried before, a metallic on creme gradient.

My choice of polishes for this challenge are Essie Mink Muffs and China Glaze Poetic.


I started off with 3 thin coats of Mink Muff and sealed it in with some Seche Vite top coat. After about 15minutes I picked up my make-up sponge and began sponging on Poetic. I kinda messed up my thumb but learnt from there and did the rest of my nails just nicely.


I did not use a top coat after sponging because I like the difference in the texture of the 2 polishes. I do not on any OPI Liquid Sands polishes but the gritty effect created by Poetic does resemble it a little. Or maybe it's just me that is seeing it that way :/

Hmm...