Tuesday, 1 January 2013

NYE Mani - Clelestia and A Stroke of Brilliance

It's the New Year already!! Time sure passes by really quickly!

I wore this manicure yesterday. My choices for the polishes were easy - what have I not tried on this year! A quick look in my drawers I picked up polishes which I thought looked good together. Rainbow Honey Celestia and essie's A Stroke of Brilliance.


I first started off with 2 coats of Celestia. This color is lovely on its own. It's packed with light glitter and glass flecks. 


The only thing that bugged me a little was the sheerness of this polish. Even with 2 coats, under certain lightings my nail line was very visible.


Sheerness aside, this polish is super shiny!


I then grabbed A Stroke of Brilliance and dabbed it on my tip to create a gradient. I intended for it to be an accent nail but fell in love with it so much I did it on all 10 fingers!


I love how the different blues managed to blend together so well!


I even got a few compliments from my colleagues :)


What did you wear on your nails on NYE?