Saturday, 5 January 2013

December Cosmobox

I got my Cosmoibox just in time for Christmas last month. The box was presented just as classy as before - baby pink, black and white all over!

 

Once I tore back the tissue paper, this is what was in it. Samples. All Samples. To be honest, after all the hype on Cosmobox's Facebook page, I was a little disappointed.


Below are leaflets on the different items in this month's Cosmobox.


The first thing I opened was the Sebastian Hair Care Box.


In it, 3 sachets - shampoo, conditioner and treatment for colored hair. Hmm.. I am not too fond of this, for one because my hair isn't colored and I did not expect to receive sachets in my box. :( Needless to say I have not used it, I would most probably pack it in my bag when I'm off on a short trip some time next this year.


Sebastian Light | Shampoo (250ml/ RM64)
Purifying Sebastians' mind to the notion of clean with the weightless shine shampoo and conditioner 

Sebastian Light | Conditioner (250ml/ RM69)
Pro-shine conditioners cleanse and purify the hair's condition for weightless, flawless shine. color safe. 

Sebastian Hydre | Treatment (150ml/ RM89)
Intense nourishment formula rehydrates dry, frizzy and chemically treated hair for invigorated silky body and bounce. color safe. 

The next item in the box was a pouch of Yadah Cosmetics items. I personally have never heard of them but their packaging does look really cute! In it was 2 bottles of Vitamin Toner and 2 bottle of Vitamin emulsion, 1 sachet of Sun Cream SPF40 and another of Angel BB Cream SPF20. I have heard some good reviews on the BB Cream. It is definitely next on my to-try list!






Yadah | Vitamin Toner (80ml/ RM49)
Enriched with organic Opuntia Ficus (cactus) to soothe and hydrate the skin. Formulated with orange and lemon extracts filled with vitamins to help refresh, tone and brighten skin.

Yadah | Vitamin Emulsion (80ml/ RM49)
This light matte-fluid when paired with he Yadah Vitamin Toner leaves skin naturally moist, brightened and velvety soft.

Yadah | Sun Cream SPF40 PA++ (50ml/ RM35)
An extremely gentle and light weight waterproof oil-free cream that offers effective protection against harmful UV rays. Natural and organic-based extracts make it less irritating to the skin 

Yadah | Angel BB Cream SPF20 PA++ (40ml/ RM49)
A multi-functional makeup base and primer with botanical vitamins and skincare benefits including anti-wrinkle, anti-oxidant, brightening, UV sun protection, moisture and sebum control 



Owh yea! There was also a RM10 voucher for Yadah products. All I need to do now is to hunt down a Yadah store.

My favorite product in this box so far - benefit they're Real mascara. I was thinking to get this mascara for ages but have never jumped the gun and I am so glad that I didn't!


benefit | they're Real! Mascara (8.5g/RM85)
A mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates. This jet black, long-wearing formula won't smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had! 

I haven't  tried this product out yet. Too many opened mascaras in my drawers to open another.

And last but not least, a roll of red ribbon, a Santa Hat hair clip and mini First Aid Salve from *Bisou* Bon Bon.


*Bisou* Bon Bon First Aid Salve (25g/ RM16.00)
An oinment for elbow graze, insect bites, finger burns, eczema patch and irritating rashes. Infused with antiseptic tea-tree oil, lavender, shea butter, rose hip oil, vitamin E, manuka honey and chamomile.

I do not have this product with me because on the day I received my Cosmobox a friend of mine mentioned that she had bad bed bug bites from a hotel she went to. What better way to put this little First Aid Salve to the test right? Before I passed this to my friend, I did take a whiff of it. It reminds me very much of Burt's Bees Hand Salve. 

I have to admit here, I placed an order with *Bisou* Bon Bon since I got this box and purchased some of her other goodies. She has *awesome* customer service and even though I gave away most of what I bought for Christmas present, I am very happy with my purchases from her!

---------------

I love 2 out of 5 products. Not that bad but definitely not good. All in all, I am rather disappointed in this months box but I do have 4 more months to go! Lets hope that the girls behind Cosmobox will do better in the coming months.

This is a personal review, I am in no way associated with Cosmobox or any of the brands featured here.