Thursday, 31 January 2013

Cosmobox January 2013

When I received this month's Cosmobox I had my doubts. After last month I really did not know what to expect from the girls at Cosmobox. But when I opened my Cosmobox this month I was amazed! The girls did step up their game this time!

Look at them goodies!


Yup, you spotted right! There is a FULL SIZE OPI nail polish in there! Lets move on to the products shall we :)

First up is the curators note. Unlike the usual ones that just come with a note from the girls in the front and product descriptions on the back, this curators notes comes with a little offer from benefit! With this card, I can redeem a sample of the Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation. I have had this box for a week already but keep forgetting to pop by benefit to redeem my gift! Gahhh!! *makes mental note to go by a benefit counter soon*


Mariah Carey's Lollipop Splash The Remix Collection | Inseperable EDP Spray (30ml/RM160)
A cocktail of explosive fruity sensations of raspberry, mango and pear combined with exotic jasmine and orange flowers create a sparkling and irresistible fragrance.

Mariah Carey's Lollipop Splash The Remix Collection | Never Forget You EDP Spray (30ml/RM160)
A playful and radiant fragrance combination of Gourmet Jelly Beans and Golden Peony creates a flirty, fun experience

Mariah Carey's Lollipop Splash The Remix Collection | Vision of Love EDP Spray (30ml/RM160)
A colorful, chic fragrance inspired by the combination of French Macaroon and purple jasmine for a tasty surprise

I love getting perfume samples! They always give me a chance to try out the scents before I decide to splurge on a full sized bottle! And they are also very travel-friendly. These Mariah Carey perfumes definitely match the Lollipop theme very well. They are all very sweet scents that remind me of candy. My favourite of the three was Visions of Love.


Organix | Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo and Conditioner (385ml/RM39.90)
The sensual and alluring blend of cherry blossom extract and Asian ginseng root help invigorate the scalp and hair follicle to add volume at the root while nourishing your hair with the replenishing organic rice milk and bamboo extract for hydration and shine.

I see the words volume, nourishing, hydration and shines. Makes this product sound really good. Although these are samples, they are really packed well and they gave us more than one of each product to try (which was one of the main complaints with last months box). Into my travel essentials it goes for now! There was also a coupon to purchase a set of Organix shampoos and conditioners at RM60 (RRP: RM79.80). I may check it out one day. I do have until the end of March to decide :)


The Body Shop | Strawberry Shower Gel (250ml/RM220)
This soap-free shower gel contians real strawberry seed oil. It has a deliciously sweet scent. Soap-free. Lather-rich.

The Body Shop shower gels are always a win! This is a travel sized bottle of course. I would need to plan more trips to finish all these samples and travel sized toiletries I have. LOL. And here we have another discount coupon here: 20% off Strawberry Shower gels.


Yadah | Anti Trouble Spot (15g/RM35)
High potent pimple cream with concentrated formula helps reduce spots, blemishes and blackheads gently yet effectively without drying the skin surface. Combats inflammation, improves skin immunity without irritation and promotes healing. Free from preservatives, paraben, mineral oil, benzophenone, sulphate and artificial coloring.

This product seems like its really new in the market. I have yet to come across anyone who used it. My skin has been quite trouble free the past few months but there is no harm in keeping this around. You never know when the weather or stress or all the munching that I will be doing next month will cause a breakout.


OPI | Mariah Carey by OPI (15ml/RM59.00)
8 chart-smashing shades inspired by the icon Mariah Carey. These shades include four new OPI Liquid Sand lacquers featuring groundbreaking technology for a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle. OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde, and each includes OPI's exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application.

HoHo! I am glad I am still subscribed to Cosmobox this month :D
My random polish was the glitter topper Pink yet Lavender. Not bad. My low-buy month starts with an OPI nail polish. And hey! More vouchers :)

----------

Good job to the girls at Cosmobox!

I love the January Cosmobox much more than I did the last one. I am impressed at how big a difference it is between the two boxes. The girls have definitely taken into account all the opinions from their subscribers and upped their game.

This is definitely going to affect which beauty box I am going to keep after my subscriptions come to an end. 2 down 2 to go! Although there is still one January box that hasn't arrived at my doorstep. Hmm..

This is a personal review, I am in no way associated with Cosmobox or any of the brands featured here.