Monday, 17 December 2012

Etude House Help My FInger UV Diamond Top Coat

I was out at the mall over the weekend and spotted a new (to me) Hi-Gloss Top Coat by Etude House - the Help My Finger UV Diamond Top Coat. I got the polish because the sales girl told me it was a quick drying, high gloss top coat. I tried it over my existing mani then and was impressed by the high gloss it gave so I thought - why not?


According to the box, Etude House claims that this top coat 'instantly promotes noticeably harder, stronger, nails. Breakthrough micro-diamond formula provides super-shine finish and protects nails from chipping.'

I am sure you are looking at the photo above and thinking - OMG why is it so murky? How is it supposed to create a high-gloss look? Well, it did deliver on the high gloss part. Just not the quick drying part. But reading the box right now while typing this post I realised that not only is it not a quick drying polish, you are supposed to apply it over DRY nail polish.

So, excited from the super shine it gave me, I used it over 3 coats of OPI Are you calling me a lyre?, waited a good 30 minutes and hopped into bed because it was already 2am. And this is what I got from not reading instructions:


I have sheet marks, dents and scratches all over my nails BUT there was still some shine to it where it was not disturbed by my sleeping! LOL. So fail.

Considering all that was written on the side of the box, I do not blame the top coat for the dents and all. In fact I am surprised at the shine it still had after a good nights sleep. I will definitely be using this top coat again.


Over a nicely dried manicure that is!