Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Cosmobox

Subcription boxes have finally made their way to Malaysia! I obviously could not resist temptation and jumped right in!

Cosmobox! I plucked the following passage from their website:

THE BEST OF BEAUTY IN MALAYSIA

The modern woman of today's generation is often caught up in the hustle and bustle of the cosmopolitan life, leaving little time to care for herself. With Cosmobox, you’ll be able to experience the best, most trendy, exciting and convenient way to discover new things at your very own leisure. It is packed with a variety of the latest beauty, grooming and lifestyle products in the market for you to savour.
With your very own CosmoBox, you will receive premium beauty samples in a charming box every month. All you have to do is subscribe now to begin enjoying the wide selection of beauty products delivered right to your doorstep.
Packaging for the Cosmobox is amazing! It comes in a white embossed box in a chic black and pink sleeve.

 

 

Lots of ribbons and tissue paper later I finally came to the products! I can tell you here that I was disappointed when I opened the box. I actually thought we would get more/bigger sized products.

From L-R: Wella SP Smoothen Range Shampoo and Hair Mask, Elie Saab Le Parfum EDT, Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash, Revlon Photo Ready 3D Volume Mascara and  Nail Shop's 6-way Nail File and Buffer, 

Anyways, lets get to the products:

Wella SP Smoothen Tange Shampoo and Hair Mask




I love the hair mask! The shampoo not so much. The shampoo cleansed my hair quite well but left it in tangles and knots! Though, I do believe this is because of my waist length hair. The mask worked wonders on my knotty, tangle-y damp hair! I applied it on and waited a few minutes before I washed it off. Once the water hit it - swoosh! Super smooth tangle free hair! *love*

The only thing that bothered me was the smell of the product. Both these products smell kinda grandma-y to me. I have a feeling it's just me though. LOL.

The Nail Shop 6-way Nail File and Buffer

I am not one to buff my nails but I did try it out. All I needed was a quick 30 second file and buff and my nails were shiny! Now I can definitely bust out my holographic and metallic beauties :)


Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash 


This came in just in time! My morning facial cleanser just ran out! Ha!

I tried this a few times already and I can tell you that it leaves you face squeaky clean! Squeaky clean with no tightness actually. I have tried many facial washes which although cleanses very well, leaves my skin really tight. This is actually really refreshing for me.

Elie Saab Le Parfum EDT 1ml
I never knew Elie Saab had perfumes. Talk about being outdated.

Anyways although I only got a small sample this actually can last me quite a while. I wore it the other day (just one spritz) and it lasted me the whole day. I could still smell a hint of it after I reached home after work! The scent for this perfume is light and sophisticated. There's roses and honey and a hint of jasmine in it. I am usually a fruity-perfume kind of girl but I do see myself giving Le Parfum a chance in the future!


And finally, my favourite item in the box!

Revlon Photoready3D Volume Mascara


This is Revlon's Photoready3D Volume Mascara (RM39). I am not one who usually wears make up at all but I love this mascara! It really does lengthen and volumize my lashes! I am always skeptical when it comes to trying out new mascara. For as long as I can remember, almost all of the mascara I have tried would have relocated to below my lower lashes by the end of the day. Not this one though!!

A definite must have from this box for me!

The price of this box : RM33

Do I think it is worth it? Considering that the mascara alone is RM39 of course it is. I think. I still have 5 months to go; only then shall I make up my mind :)

If anyone is interested to join Cosmobox head on to their website to subscribe. You can choose from 3 months, 6 months or 12 months. Do note that this is a monthly subscription and you do not get to skip any months.

This is a personal review, I am in no way associated with Cosmobox or any of the brands featured here.