Thursday, 27 December 2012

Christmas Skittletes

I finally found time to sit down and write this post! It was a really busy Christmas for me! I had so much to eat I think I would need to go on a diet after this. LOL.

Anyways, I do hope all you girls had a great Christmas with your families :)

-----

I am sure you have noticed this manicure from a few days ago! The inspiration for this monotonous manicure was from Marta form Chit Chat Nails. She always posts the most interesting skittlete manicure which I love. A few weeks back, Marta had a Skittelete Manicure Contest so I decided to try my luck with this!



I took me a long time to decide what skittlette to do but I finally decided that I wanted to incorporate the new polish I got from my Glitzology Haul - Robots in Love.

I first painted  coat of Color Club Harp on It and topped it off with one coat of  Robots in Love to bring out the holo goodness in Robots in Love. I even managed to get a heart out for this!


I then proceeded to paint my thumb, index and middle finger with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow and, to avoid it looking to stark white, I topped it off with OPI Pirouette My Whistle.


This was a competition held before Christmas so I thought it would be nice to have a little Christmas Tree incorporated in it. So I did that with a nice grey - Zoya Dove - and some striping tape. I topped the litle Christmas tree off with a holographic star I fished out from Robots in Love. 2 quick coats of OPI Black Onyx on my pinky and I was good to go!


And while I was taking photos of it, I realised that I did an Ombre manicure! Ha!



Well, I did not win a prize in the Skittlette Contest but I sure did have fun coming up with the manicure. You should check out all the awesome entries and see if your favorites won!



The polishes I used were:
OPI Alpine Snow
OPI Black Onyx
OPI Pirouette my Whistle
Color Club Harp on It
Glitzology Robots in Love
Zoya Dove