Thursday, 20 December 2012

Candy Canes!

I finally got time to make me some Candy Canes! The ones that make your hands look awesomely pretty. LOL!

I started off with 3 coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu Stuck on some striping tape and topped it off with one coat of OPI Big Apple Red. It was a fairly easy manicure as long as you are patient and careful!


To make the thicker white areas, I placed 2 striping tapes next to each other and painted over it. But I think I did not place them close enough and some red polish seeped through and left small red lines in my design.


Red is one of the most challenging color to photograph if you ask me! Often times it would turn out far from what it is in my photographs! Just look at the 4 photos below! It's just like magic. Haha!










After about 8 hours of wear, I thought that my accent nail was kinda boring and decided to add some stripes in gold to it!


What do you think, gold or no gold?