Saturday, 3 November 2012

Who says black is boring??

The weekend is here!! What better way to bring in the weekend than to wear some dark, glittery polish??

This is 4 days after my last mani and my fingernails have grown quite a bit really! I didn't expect them to be so long so quick. It must be because of all that nail juice (balms, oils and lotions) that I've been applying!

Today I have two awesome glitter polishes to show you. Can you spot the difference??


I am wearing I Got Distracted by Cult Nails on my middle, ring and little fingers and Sea Creature by The Hungry Asian on my thumb and pointer. I wore both of this polishes over 2 coats of OPI Black Onyx.


Both these polishes actually looked very similar, which is the reason why I paired them together. Sea Creature is a black jelly polish filled with blue/teal hex glitters, small black glitter with a dash of fuchsia and green superfine glitters. I Got Distracted on the other hand is also a black jelly base packe with holographic micro glitter and larger green glitter.


I did wear underwear for both this polishes because I did not want to use up too much of these precious polishes. And also I realised that the black base keeps this polish much smoother than if you would do 3 coats of just the polish. It also helps the longetivity of this polish (not that I keep them on for long!)


The blue/teal glitters in Sea Creature shows up way better in this photo above. And the photo below was intentionally blurred to bring out the awesomeness of the glitters!!


Are you distracted yet?

Click HERE for Cult Nails polishes and HERE for The Hungry Asian polishes :)

** 3 more days to my birthday!! **