Monday, 8 October 2012

Rainbow Honey - The Worst Possible Thing

Chop chop! My fingernails are down to nubbins again due to cracking at the tips. I think my average cycle from nubbins back to nubbins is around 2-2.5 weeks. =/

Since my nails are shorter now, I decided to go with a neutral color with a dash of glitter to help give the illusion of longer fingers. My choice of colors for this wonderful task - OPI Malaysian Mist for the base and, as is seen in the title, RH The Worst Possible thing.

This is 3 coats of Malaysian Mist on it's own. I love this color (I know I have said this many times now!) but sometimes dry time can be a problem. It is a really pretty peach that looks really simple and classy at the same time. 


And here I have topped it with one coat of TWPT. Yup! Just one coat and my whole nail is covered. Rainbow Honey glitter polishes tend to be on the thick side. I believe this is due to fact that the polishes are jam-packed with all sorts of glitter and shimmer - No complains here really.


At first I thought it may turn out kinda weird to layer this polish over a light color let alone a light peach but looking at it now I love the purple-orange combination that is seen here. TWPT also seems to have a duochrome property to it which cab be seen in the photo above. Definitely have to try this over a darker color next time.

More photos before I end this post: 

Indirect Sunlight

Artificial Light

And last but not least, a super grainy photo. I did not want to post this at first but this photo is the only one that really shows off the glitters and shimmers in this polish.



Rainbow Honey products are hand-crafted, hand-packaged and "Big-3" free! You can purchase Dee's products from her shop HERE. Do keep yourselves up to date with Rainbow Honey products and promotions by following her blog and Facebook page!