Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Halloween Mani - Take Two!

I felt bad for only having one Halloween-esque mani so I decided to attempt another.

Tadaa!! BOO!!



My first ever attempt on water marbling!! Is is not perfect but I am sooo happy with it! Owh, did you know I actually did this over my last mani. Hehe. Recycling is good for me.


You know how they tell you *ahem*

You can choose to use tape to tape off your cuticles or if you want to, just apply vaseline on your cuticles to avoid the polish from sticking to your nails.
Well, I did it both ways and my final verdict is - go with the tape!


If you look closely at the cuticles in the photo above, you can see very clearly that my cuticle area is dryer and the lines at the cuticles are messier for the pointer and middle finger. And for the ring finger, The side of the nails look good but the near the nail bed - not so good. And finally the pinky - good clean lines all over, not too much drying out of the cuticles. Can you guess which is which??

Well the list is as below:

Vaseline Method : pointer and middle fingers
Tape on the sides and vaseline on the cuticle : Ring finger
Tape all over!! : pinky


Maybe it's just me but from now on, if I ever do another water marble I would definitively grab tape to protect my cuticles!


Below are a few single finger shots of my middle, ring and little fingers.

   

And of course one of the seldom shown thumb!


* So happy!! *

Anyone else have any good tips and tricks to share for my next attempt?