Monday, 15 October 2012

Geometry Fun

As many of you know, October is the month for Breast Cancer Awareness and Depression Awareness represented by the pink and green ribbon respectively. With this in mind I created this mani collaborating these colors to show that I do care for these two causes. I am no expert so I shall not bombared you with my ramblings. But if you want to know more on these two illnesses, I would suggest heading on to the breastcancer.org and (since I couldn't find any official websites for depression awareness) Scrangie's very well written post on depression for more details. 

This is my first attempt at a more complicated tape mani. I used this video from Sophie of My Awesome Beauty as my guide and I think the final result came out quite well!

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet from here and just let the photos do the talking :D


The colors I used on my left hand are Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle in Silver, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Baviphat Baby Blue, Essie Mint Candy Apple, China Glaze For Audrey, and OPI Mermaids Tears


And for my right hand I decided to switch it up and do a pink version! Colors I used are Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle in Silver, OPI Alpine Snow, Nature Republic Baby Pink, Baviphat Light Pink, OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender and OPI That's Hot Pink.


I kinda 'cheated' on the right hand. As you can see it looks quite simple compared to the left hand. The most sections per finger is only 4 as opposed to 5 on the left hand. Who knew one finger could make such a difference!


One more shot of my left hand.


And last but not least, both 'claws' side by side :D