Sunday, 2 September 2012

Minty Cheetah

(My first ever stamping attempt!! I found this just sitting in my drafts folder. According to my Instagram, I actually did this a good 9 weeks ago! NINE weeks! I actually thought I posted this before. OMG! I am getting old!)

Did a little stamping yesterday. I finally found the courage to dig out my nail stamping kit - scraper, stamper(?) and the *only* two stamping plates that I own. I tried stamping before this but it never turns out OK so I always avoided it. Until now. 

I picked the cheetah print from plate M57, took a deep breath and did what I feared to do. Although this is far from perfect I think it looks pretty good.


I used Essie's Mint Candy Apple as the base and stapped it with OPI Java Mauve-a and topped it off with baby pink polish from Baviphat. Mint Candy Apple was quite chalky in the beginning. It took me 3 careful coats to get it both smooth and opaque on my nails. But the color is really pretty and was definitely worth the effort! By the way, I think mint green and baby pink makes a cute combination!