Thursday, 20 September 2012

Liebster Award!


I have been awarded the Liebster Award by two amazing bloggers – Rachel from Bits and Bobs Beauty (http://bitsandbobsbeauty.wordpress.com) and Amanda from Net Ball Nails ( http://netballnails.wordpress.com) Thank you so much girls!
So, according to Google translate, ’Liebster’ is German for ‘dearest’ (aww!) and this award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.
So, here are the rules of this award:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
So, my eleven facts are:
  1. I live in Malaysia where it is supposed to be hot and humid all year long but is now covered in haze and rains almost everyday.
  2.  I play the violin, flute and double bass but have  no idea whatsoever on how to play the piano.
  3.  In high school I was in the pure science class where you did Biology, Chemistry and Physics but I ended up doing a music degree in Uni and hence my Bachelors in Music Performance.
  4. …..but am now working in the financial sector.
  5.  I loooove travelling but haven’t done much this year. So far I have only been to an island in 2012 only because I am saving up for a trip to the UK next year.
  6. The first time I flew a kite was when I was in high school – 17 years old.
  7. The last I counted, I have just over 160 nail polishes in my drawer. I always thought I had less because I used to keep them separated. But now I store all of them together since I bought an ALEX drawer unit from IKEA.
  8. I am the roller coaster freak in my family! I remember the first time I ever went on one was when I was 8 years old and finally tall enough to ride.
  9. I can’t cook to save my life. So far all I can manage are bacon and eggs, easy pastas and sandwiches.
  10. My current craving is Korean Kimchi! I have a 1kg tub of it in the fridge just waiting for me. No cooking necessary!
    And last but not least:
  11. I find ironing clothes somewhat therapeutic.
Since I have 2 nominations, I will combine both and pick eleven out. Here goes!
  1. What made you start blogging?My love for nail polish and my ever growing stash! I thought that blogging would be a good way to keep track of what I have done and how much I would change or improve as time went by.
  2. How do you choose what to write about and how often you blog?
    I try to blog as often as I can. For now, I actually am maintaining two blog with the same title; one on blogger and another on wordpress. On wordpress, it seem like I blog everyday because I am actually back logged with post from my blogger page. But on blogger I try my best to have new content out every other day so that my readers (even though the numbers are really small) do not get bored.
  3. What is the beauty product you couldn’t live without?
    Nail polish!! My nails are actually quite weak and brittle without nail polish. And since I do not wear much accessories, I take it that my polished nails are my accessories and deserve to be changed every few days :P
  4. Where do you prefer to shop, the high street or more upmarket?
    I shop everywhere!! No preference really. As long as I fall in love with a piece, be it a RM25 or RM100 top I would get it! But of course I would try to wait till the sales come along to buy the more expensive pieces. Budget is the key!
  5. Which sort of item do you have the most of in your wardrobe? I have 31 dresses..getting out of control!
    I have a lot of black items in my wadrobe. Be it dresses (9), tshirts (25), pants (3), skirts (5), shorts (3), shoes (4) and a bag. Yes, just one black bag to go with all the black clothing I have. Haha!
  6. Where was the last place you travelled to?
    Pulau Perhentian (Perhentian Island) just last weekend! I have some photos of the island coming up soon!
  7. Have you ever worn in-appropriate nail polish to work and has anyone cared?
    Hmm.. So far I have worn glitter bombs  and really bright neons to work. Only my mother says something when she sees it. Other than that I think the people in my office are rather neutral to nail polish.
  8.  Plans for Christmas? Home? Holiday? Non-believer?
    This Christmas is on a Tuesday which means I would have to work on Christmas eve and the day right after Christmas. So it is quite safe to say I have no plans for Christmas.
  9. What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
    In Malaysia I would definitely say Penang island! It is an island but it actually is a city. Most times the island is quite congested, but the good food makes up for it all!
  10. What sort of music are you into and why?Classical music. No kidding. I love the harmony and movement of the music. And of course I love the way that there is always something new in the music that I never noticed before.
  11. Have you ever been nominated for a blogging award before?Nope! This has to be my first. Though I received two and I am really grateful someone has nominated me J
My eleven questions for my nominees are:
  1. Where are you from?
  2. Which are your most favourite nail polish brands? It could be both mainstream polish and indies really.
  3. Would you prefer an island holiday or a holiday in the city?
  4. Do you play any musical instruments?
  5. What phone are you using at the moment and why do you love it? (Just because there is a constant debate among my friends and I on which smart phone is better)
  6. Do you prefer no glitter, subtle glitter or glitter bombs?
  7. What is your ultimate nail polish lemming?
  8. Do you prefer online shopping or shopping at a physical shop?
  9. What is your HG beauty product?
  10. What is your HG nail care product?
  11. Coke or Pepsi? (I just had to! Haha)
I nominate the following bloggers to take part in this award:

Amanda from Mae's Beauty Report (http://maesbeauty.wordpress.com/)

Jessie from Nailed it NZ (http://nailedit1.blogspot.com/)

Sarah from Sarah's Nail Studio (http://sarahsnailstudio.blogspot.ca/)

Christine from Steamy Nails (http://steamynails.blogspot.com/)

Heather from Belle Couture Nails (http://www.bellecouturenails.blogspot.com/)

Whitney from What The Nail (http://whatthenail.wordpress.com/)

Leslie from work/play/polish (http://workplaypolish.com/)

Ray from Galmdox (http://glamdox.wordpress.com)

Holly from Miss Holly Berries (http://misshollyberries.wordpress.com/)

Mishka from Lacquer or Leave Her (http://www.lacquerorleaveher.blogspot.com/)

Vicky from Boombastic Nails (http://www.boombasticnails.com/)