Saturday, 4 August 2012

From the Vault: Mermaid Nails

After the last post I'm sure some were wondering - How could she just leave it like that?!
Well, I couldn't and didn't!


I decided to go full on and glitter up my nails with both glitter polishes! It was a whole lot of polish on my nails mind you. Seche Plus Base coat, 3 coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly, 2 coats of LUCIDarling #07 and 2 coats of Milani Teal, a coat of Esence Quick Dry Top coat and last but not least a quick coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat which brings me to a total of 10 coats of polish on my nails!!!!

I like how the colours turned out. It kinda remind me of the mermaid nails that are buzzing around on nail blogs and pinterest with the blues and the greens and the grey.


These nails were hard to photograph! The glitters were so sparkly that my camera didn't know where to focus on.

Take 4

Take 7

Finally another sharper photo! But it seems that the glitter is way darker in this photo. :/

As scary as 10 coats of polish sounds like, this combination was actually not too thick on my nails and wore really well. I only removed it after 4 days because the weekend was ending and these are not exactly office friendly nails. I am really really surprised that these nails did not crack or chip at all!


I wanted to do a glitter sandwich with this, and I actually did it on my thumb, but decided that I couldn't hide all the awesome glitter on my nails! I did take a few photos of the sandwiched thumb though.


The thumb actually loks quite good, OPI MPE gave a milky touch to the glitters. If I wasn't in such a glitter-y mood I definitely would have went ahead and sandwiched it all.


And to end it all, a bottle shot of the awesome glitteriness (I really doubt this is a word) of Milani Teal:


Happy weekend!