Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Sun Kissed

I decided to cut my nails to a more manageable length yesterday because they were getting a little too long for my liking. My bags were getting scratched really bad and one even had a little peel on the handle. I used some clear top coat to patch it up that day and it worked for a bit. But after using the bag for another 2 days the other side of the tear began to come off as well *sigh*

Anyway, on to my nails today.

I picked up 2 bottles of Sally Hansen polishes from the pharmacy last week. These two are my first SH polishes in a very long time. Usually the SH displays would be filled with top and base coats, straighteners, cuticle oils and polish removers instead of polishes which really wasn't interesting to me. But when my friend had to pop by the pharmacy that day I decided to have a look see at the SH display because my Seche Vite top coat was getting a little goopy and I had to wait for a few days before Seche Restore would come in the mail. To my surprise, althougth the shelves wasn't full with polishes, there was a bunch of brights in the mix. I decided to give SH a go since I didn't own any so I picked up Sun Kissed and Purple Potion.

The formula for the SH polishes were divine! It was opaque in 2 careful coats and the shape of the brushed suited me well. I did not have to do so much cleaning up after. The color on the other hand was a little weird. In the bottle Sun Kissed looked like a great creamy orange but when I applied it on my nail the color was brighter than I expected. It came out to be a little neon in fact! The polish dried shiny but I decided on a coat of SV to avoid dents and scratches.

20120517-115409.jpg

20120517-115325.jpg

The difference between the polish in the bottle and on my nails is most apparent in this picture.

20120517-115300.jpg